What Are Dimensions For Facebook Cover Photo
Exactly what are the dimensions of my Page's profile photo and also cover picture?
Your Page's profile picture:
- Displays at 160 × 160 pixels on your Page on computers, 140 × 140 pixels on smartphones and 50 × 50 pixels on most attribute phones
- Need to go to the very least 180 × 180 pixels
- Will certainly be cropped to fit a square
- Is located 16 pixels from the left as well as 176 pixels from the top of your cover image on computer systems
- Is located 24 pixels from the left, 24 pixels from the bottom as well as 196 pixels from the top of your cover image on smart devices
Your Page's cover image:
- Screens at 851 pixels broad by 315 pixels tall on your Page on computers and also 640 pixels vast by 360 pixels high on smartphones
- Doesn't display on function phones
- Should go to least 399 pixels large and also 150 pixels high
- Tons fastest as an sRGB JPG documents that's 851 pixels wide, 315 pixels tall as well as less than 100 kilobytes
-For account images and cover photos with your logo design or message, you could obtain a better outcome by utilizing a PNG data.
What regarding the resolution?
In addition to this dimension adjustment we've gone for a high resolution suggestion due to the fact that we are likewise considering the surge of higher res gadgets such as Retina Display-- you desire your cover images to look all crisp and clear there too do not you! 1920px x 1080px future evidence you somewhat and covers off basically other gadget presently on the marketplace.
On resolution Facebook doesn't help when it says "Remember that your cover picture should be at the very least 400 pixels wide as well as 150 pixels tall". This is just a minimal dimension and in our experience we discover it way too grainy and the suggestions provides no advice on safe areas for message.
So long as it's not a crazy size you will not be punished for uploading a nice large high res image (this used to be the situation with Facebook Groups where compression was applied) yet say goodbye to.
One word of caution, depending upon the screen you utilize to check out (i.e. non high res/retina screen), you could find the picture a little unclear. We have actually trying out JPG vs PNG and also a range of sizes from 640x360 completely to 1640x923. Now 820x461 usually looks the sharpest on older display screens however we 'd still recommend 1920px x 1080px for ideal future proofing.