Facebook Cover Dimensions
What are the dimensions of my Page's profile image and also cover photo?
Your Page's profile image:
- Displays at 160 × 160 pixels on your Page on computer systems, 140 × 140 pixels on mobile phones and also 50 × 50 pixels on the majority of feature phones
- Should go to least 180 × 180 pixels
- Will be cropped to fit a square
- Lies 16 pixels from the left as well as 176 pixels from the top of your cover image on computers
- Lies 24 pixels from the left, 24 pixels from the bottom and also 196 pixels from the top of your cover photo on smartphones
Your Page's cover photo:
- Displays at 851 pixels vast by 315 pixels high on your Page on computers as well as 640 pixels large by 360 pixels high on smartphones
- Does not present on feature phones
- Must go to least 399 pixels vast and also 150 pixels high
- Tons fastest as an sRGB JPG documents that's 851 pixels wide, 315 pixels high and also less than 100 kilobytes
-For profile pictures and cover photos with your logo or text, you could obtain a much better result by using a PNG data.
Exactly what regarding the resolution?
Along with this dimension modification we have actually opted for a high resolution suggestion because we are likewise thinking about the rise of higher res devices such as Retina Present-- you desire your cover images to look all crisp as well as clear there too do not you! 1920px x 1080px future evidence you somewhat as well as covers off practically any other tool currently on the market.
On resolution Facebook doesn't assist when it claims "Keep in mind that your cover image need to go to least 400 pixels vast and also 150 pixels high". This is just a minimum dimension and in our experience we discover it way also grainy and also the suggestions offers no guidance on risk-free locations for message.
As long as it's not a crazy dimension you won't be punished for submitting a nice big high res photo (this used to be the case with Facebook Teams where compression was applied) however say goodbye to.
One word of warning, depending upon the display you utilize to view (i.e. non high res/retina display screen), you might find the photo a little fuzzy. We've explore JPG vs PNG as well as a variety of dimensions from 640x360 right to 1640x923. Now 820x461 typically looks the sharpest on older display screens however we would certainly still suggest 1920px x 1080px for best future proofing.