Dimensions Of A Facebook Cover Photo
Just what are the dimensions of my Page's account photo as well as cover image?
Your Page's profile image:
- Screens at 160 × 160 pixels on your Page on computers, 140 × 140 pixels on mobile phones as well as 50 × 50 pixels on most attribute phones
- Need to be at least 180 × 180 pixels
- Will be chopped to fit a square
- Lies 16 pixels from the left and 176 pixels from the top of your cover photo on computers
- Lies 24 pixels from the left, 24 pixels from all-time low and also 196 pixels from the top of your cover picture on mobile phones
Your Page's cover image:
- Displays at 851 pixels large by 315 pixels tall on your Page on computers and also 640 pixels large by 360 pixels high on smartphones
- Does not present on function phones
- Must go to the very least 399 pixels large as well as 150 pixels high
- Lots fastest as an sRGB JPG file that's 851 pixels wide, 315 pixels tall and also less than 100 kilobytes
-For profile photos and also cover images with your logo design or text, you could get a far better outcome by using a PNG documents.
Exactly what regarding the resolution?
As well as this measurement adjustment we've gone with a high resolution referral since we are likewise considering the surge of greater res devices such as Retina Display-- you want your cover images to look all crisp and clear there as well don't you! 1920px x 1080px future evidence you somewhat as well as covers off practically other gadget presently on the market.
On resolution Facebook does not assist when it says "Remember that your cover picture have to go to the very least 400 pixels wide as well as 150 pixels high". This is simply a minimum size and also in our experience we discover it way too rough and also the advice provides no guidance on risk-free areas for message.
So long as it's not an insane size you won't be penalised for uploading a nice huge high res picture (this made use of to be the case with Facebook Teams where compression was applied) but no more.
One word of warning, relying on the screen you use to watch (i.e. non high res/retina display), you may find the photo a little unclear. We have actually experimented with JPG vs PNG as well as a range of sizes from 640x360 completely to 1640x923. Currently 820x461 often looks the sharpest on older displays however we 'd still suggest 1920px x 1080px for best future proofing.