When you turn off chat for Facebook friends, it does not indicate that no one can message you. Instead, you'll just not alerted of the messages. Anything you obtain while chat is off will appear in your inbox when you re-enable chat.
How to Turn Chat Off On Facebook
There are 2 different methods you can disable Facebook chat. You can do so globally to make sure that you cannot chat with anybody or you can switch off chat for certain friends just to ensure that it still works with other friends.
Disable All Facebook chat
- Access your Facebook account.
- On the chat menu on the side of the screen, click the tiny Options switch beside the Look text box.
- Click Turn Off chat.
- In the window that reveals, make sure the choice for Switch off chat for all contacts is selected.
- Click the Okay switch.
With Facebook chat totally disabled, the entire chat location will continue to be white as well as no conversations are clickable. Click the web link called Turn on chat to re-enable it.
Shut Off Facebook chat for sure Friends Only
- From your Facebook account, click the small Options switch at the bottom of the chat section on the right side of the web page.
- Click Turn Off chat.
- There are among 2 alternatives you could select below:
* Pick Turn off chat for all contacts except ... if you intend to conceal from Facebook chat for the majority of your contacts yet you desire a select few to still have the ability to message.
* Decide to Turn off chat for only some contacts ... if there are simply a few Facebook friends that you want to disable chat for.
- Start getting in the names of the friends you want to block from chat, and after that pick them as they're suggested to you.
When you're finished selecting which friends need to be obstructed, click Okay.
Facebook for Android: How to Turn Facebook chat On or Off
You could turn Facebook chat on or off from the common Facebook application making use of these steps:
- Open the "Facebook" app.
- Touch the Menu icon situated at the upper-right corner of the screen to expand your options.
- Faucet "Messenger" in the "Apps" area.
- Touch the Gear icon located at the upper-right edge of the screen.
- Examine the "On" box to turn Facebook chat on. Uncheck the box to turn it off.
If you have Facebook Messenger mounted on your Android gadget, make use of these steps:
-Open the "Messenger" app.
-Tap the "Menu" Menu Switch symbol situated at the upper-right edge of the display.
-Tap the "Active" selection at the top of the display.
-Toggle your name to "On" or "Off" as desired.