Facebook Cover Picture Dimensions
What are the dimensions of my Page's account photo as well as cover picture?
Your Page's profile photo:
- Display screens at 160 × 160 pixels on your Page on computers, 140 × 140 pixels on mobile phones and 50 × 50 pixels on most feature phones
- Must go to least 180 × 180 pixels
- Will be cropped to fit a square
- Is located 16 pixels from the left and 176 pixels from the top of your cover photo on computer systems
- Is located 24 pixels from the left, 24 pixels from the bottom and also 196 pixels from the top of your cover photo on smart devices
Your Page's cover image:
- Screens at 851 pixels vast by 315 pixels tall on your Page on computers and also 640 pixels large by 360 pixels high on smart devices
- Does not present on feature phones
- Have to go to the very least 399 pixels broad as well as 150 pixels tall
- Loads fastest as an sRGB JPG documents that's 851 pixels wide, 315 pixels high and also less than 100 kilobytes
-For profile photos as well as cover images with your logo or text, you may obtain a far better result using a PNG file.
What concerning the resolution?
Along with this dimension modification we've opted for a high resolution referral because we are additionally thinking about the rise of higher res devices such as Retina Present-- you desire your cover pictures to look all crisp and clear there as well don't you! 1920px x 1080px future evidence you to some extent and also covers off basically other device presently on the market.
On resolution Facebook doesn't aid when it claims "Bear in mind that your cover image should be at least 400 pixels wide as well as 150 pixels tall". This is merely a minimum size as well as in our experience we discover it way as well grainy and also the advice provides no advice on risk-free areas for message.
As long as it's not an insane dimension you won't be penalised for uploading a good big high res image (this used to be the instance with Facebook Groups where compression was used) but say goodbye to.
One word of caution, depending on the display you use to watch (i.e. non high res/retina display screen), you may discover the image a little fuzzy. We've experimented with JPG vs PNG and a range of sizes from 640x360 completely to 1640x923. Now 820x461 typically looks the sharpest on older displays but we 'd still recommend 1920px x 1080px for ideal future proofing.