Dimensions Of The Facebook Cover Photo
What are the dimensions of my Page's profile picture and cover image?
Your Page's profile image:
- Displays at 160 × 160 pixels on your Page on computers, 140 × 140 pixels on smartphones as well as 50 × 50 pixels on a lot of function phones
- Must go to the very least 180 × 180 pixels
- Will certainly be chopped to fit a square
- Is located 16 pixels from the left and 176 pixels from the top of your cover image on computers
- Is located 24 pixels from the left, 24 pixels from the bottom and also 196 pixels from the top of your cover picture on mobile phones
Your Page's cover picture:
- Screens at 851 pixels vast by 315 pixels high on your Page on computer systems and 640 pixels broad by 360 pixels high on smart devices
- Does not display on attribute phones
- Need to be at the very least 399 pixels large and also 150 pixels tall
- Tons fastest as an sRGB JPG file that's 851 pixels wide, 315 pixels tall and less than 100 kilobytes
-For profile pictures and cover photos with your logo design or text, you may obtain a much better result by utilizing a PNG data.
Exactly what about the resolution?
In addition to this measurement modification we've gone with a high resolution recommendation because we are additionally considering the increase of greater res tools such as Retina Present-- you want your cover photos to look all crisp as well as clear there as well do not you! 1920px x 1080px future proofs you somewhat and covers off basically other device currently on the marketplace.
On resolution Facebook doesn't assist when it states "Bear in mind that your cover photo must be at the very least 400 pixels large as well as 150 pixels tall". This is simply a minimum dimension and in our experience we locate it way as well grainy as well as the guidance offers no advice on safe areas for text.
As long as it's not an insane dimension you will not be penalised for uploading a great big high res picture (this utilized to be the situation with Facebook Teams where compression was applied) but no more.
One word of warning, relying on the display you utilize to check out (i.e. non high res/retina screen), you could locate the image a little unclear. We've trying out JPG vs PNG and also a variety of dimensions from 640x360 right to 1640x923. Now 820x461 typically looks the sharpest on older displays but we 'd still suggest 1920px x 1080px for best future proofing.