Dimensions Of Facebook Cover Photo
Exactly what are the dimensions of my Page's account picture and cover image?
Your Page's profile picture:
- Screens at 160 × 160 pixels on your Page on computers, 140 × 140 pixels on mobile phones and 50 × 50 pixels on many function phones
- Need to be at least 180 × 180 pixels
- Will certainly be chopped to fit a square
- Is located 16 pixels from the left as well as 176 pixels from the top of your cover image on computer systems
- Lies 24 pixels from the left, 24 pixels from the bottom as well as 196 pixels from the top of your cover photo on smartphones
Your Page's cover picture:
- Displays at 851 pixels broad by 315 pixels tall on your Page on computer systems and 640 pixels vast by 360 pixels tall on mobile phones
- Doesn't present on function phones
- Need to be at least 399 pixels large as well as 150 pixels tall
- Tons fastest as an sRGB JPG file that's 851 pixels wide, 315 pixels high as well as less than 100 kilobytes
-For account photos and cover pictures with your logo or message, you may get a much better result by using a PNG documents.
Just what regarding the resolution?
In addition to this dimension change we've opted for a high resolution recommendation due to the fact that we are likewise taking into consideration the surge of higher res gadgets such as Retina Present-- you desire your cover images to look all crisp as well as clear there too don't you! 1920px x 1080px future evidence you somewhat and also covers off basically any other device presently on the market.
On resolution Facebook does not help when it says "Keep in mind that your cover photo must go to the very least 400 pixels large as well as 150 pixels high". This is merely a minimal dimension as well as in our experience we discover it way as well rough and also the recommendations provides no assistance on secure areas for text.
As long as it's not a crazy size you won't be penalised for posting a good big high res picture (this made use of to be the case with Facebook Teams where compression was applied) yet say goodbye to.
One word of warning, relying on the display you use to view (i.e. non high res/retina screen), you might find the image a little unclear. We've trying out JPG vs PNG and also a variety of sizes from 640x360 right to 1640x923. Currently 820x461 frequently looks the sharpest on older displays but we 'd still suggest 1920px x 1080px for ideal future proofing.