Dimensions Of Cover Photo On Facebook
Just what are the dimensions of my Page's account picture and also cover image?
Your Page's account image:
- Displays at 160 × 160 pixels on your Page on computers, 140 × 140 pixels on mobile phones and also 50 × 50 pixels on the majority of function phones
- Need to be at the very least 180 × 180 pixels
- Will be cropped to fit a square
- Lies 16 pixels from the left and 176 pixels from the top of your cover photo on computers
- Is located 24 pixels from the left, 24 pixels from all-time low and 196 pixels from the top of your cover image on smart devices
Your Page's cover photo:
- Displays at 851 pixels wide by 315 pixels tall on your Page on computers as well as 640 pixels broad by 360 pixels high on smartphones
- Does not present on feature phones
- Need to be at the very least 399 pixels large and 150 pixels high
- Tons fastest as an sRGB JPG documents that's 851 pixels wide, 315 pixels high and less than 100 kilobytes
-For account pictures and also cover images with your logo design or text, you might get a much better result by utilizing a PNG data.
Just what concerning the resolution?
In addition to this dimension change we have actually chosen a high resolution suggestion because we are additionally taking into consideration the increase of higher res tools such as Retina Show-- you desire your cover photos to look all crisp and clear there also don't you! 1920px x 1080px future proofs you somewhat as well as covers off practically any other device presently on the market.
On resolution Facebook doesn't help when it claims "Remember that your cover photo need to be at least 400 pixels large as well as 150 pixels high". This is just a minimal dimension as well as in our experience we discover it way as well rough as well as the suggestions offers no advice on safe locations for text.
As long as it's not an insane dimension you will not be penalised for submitting a great large high res photo (this utilized to be the situation with Facebook Groups where compression was applied) but say goodbye to.
One word of caution, depending upon the display you use to check out (i.e. non high res/retina screen), you might discover the picture a little fuzzy. We've try out JPG vs PNG and a variety of dimensions from 640x360 completely to 1640x923. Currently 820x461 typically looks the sharpest on older screens however we would certainly still recommend 1920px x 1080px for finest future proofing.