What Are The Dimensions Of A Facebook Cover Photo
What are the dimensions of my Page's account image and cover photo?
Your Page's profile picture:
- Displays at 160 × 160 pixels on your Page on computers, 140 × 140 pixels on smart devices and 50 × 50 pixels on most function phones
- Must go to least 180 × 180 pixels
- Will certainly be cropped to fit a square
- Lies 16 pixels from the left as well as 176 pixels from the top of your cover picture on computer systems
- Is located 24 pixels from the left, 24 pixels from the bottom as well as 196 pixels from the top of your cover image on mobile phones
Your Page's cover image:
- Displays at 851 pixels broad by 315 pixels tall on your Page on computer systems and 640 pixels vast by 360 pixels high on smart devices
- Doesn't display on attribute phones
- Need to be at least 399 pixels wide and 150 pixels high
- Lots fastest as an sRGB JPG documents that's 851 pixels wide, 315 pixels tall and also less than 100 kilobytes
-For profile pictures and also cover images with your logo design or message, you could obtain a much better outcome by using a PNG documents.
Exactly what regarding the resolution?
As well as this measurement change we've gone for a high resolution suggestion because we are also thinking about the rise of greater res tools such as Retina Present-- you want your cover pictures to look all crisp and also clear there too do not you! 1920px x 1080px future proofs you to some extent as well as covers off virtually other gadget presently on the market.
On resolution Facebook does not help when it claims "Bear in mind that your cover photo should be at least 400 pixels broad and 150 pixels tall". This is simply a minimal dimension and also in our experience we find it way also grainy and also the suggestions provides no guidance on secure areas for text.
So long as it's not an insane dimension you won't be punished for posting a great large high res image (this used to be the case with Facebook Groups where compression was applied) however say goodbye to.
One word of caution, relying on the screen you make use of to check out (i.e. non high res/retina display), you could discover the image a little fuzzy. We've experimented with JPG vs PNG and also a range of sizes from 640x360 all the way to 1640x923. Currently 820x461 typically looks the sharpest on older displays but we 'd still recommend 1920px x 1080px for ideal future proofing.