Facebook Cover Page Dimensions
Just what are the dimensions of my Page's profile photo and also cover picture?
Your Page's profile picture:
- Screens at 160 × 160 pixels on your Page on computers, 140 × 140 pixels on smartphones and also 50 × 50 pixels on the majority of attribute phones
- Have to be at the very least 180 × 180 pixels
- Will be chopped to fit a square
- Is located 16 pixels from the left and also 176 pixels from the top of your cover image on computer systems
- Lies 24 pixels from the left, 24 pixels from the bottom and also 196 pixels from the top of your cover image on mobile phones
Your Page's cover picture:
- Screens at 851 pixels broad by 315 pixels high on your Page on computers as well as 640 pixels wide by 360 pixels high on smart devices
- Doesn't display on function phones
- Must be at the very least 399 pixels wide as well as 150 pixels high
- Tons fastest as an sRGB JPG documents that's 851 pixels wide, 315 pixels high and less than 100 kilobytes
-For account photos and also cover images with your logo design or text, you might obtain a much better outcome by utilizing a PNG documents.
Just what about the resolution?
In addition to this measurement adjustment we've gone for a high resolution suggestion since we are also considering the increase of higher res tools such as Retina Show-- you desire your cover pictures to look all crisp as well as clear there as well don't you! 1920px x 1080px future proofs you somewhat and covers off practically other device presently on the market.
On resolution Facebook does not assist when it says "Remember that your cover picture should be at the very least 400 pixels wide as well as 150 pixels tall". This is just a minimal dimension and also in our experience we discover it way as well grainy and the suggestions offers no assistance on safe locations for text.
So long as it's not an insane size you will not be punished for submitting a nice large high res image (this made use of to be the instance with Facebook Groups where compression was used) but say goodbye to.
One word of caution, depending on the display you use to view (i.e. non high res/retina display screen), you may find the picture a little fuzzy. We've try out JPG vs PNG and also a range of dimensions from 640x360 all the way to 1640x923. Now 820x461 commonly looks the sharpest on older display screens but we 'd still recommend 1920px x 1080px for ideal future proofing.