Facebook Cover Photo Dimensions
What are the dimensions of my Page's profile photo and also cover photo?
Your Page's profile image:
- Displays at 160 × 160 pixels on your Page on computer systems, 140 × 140 pixels on mobile phones as well as 50 × 50 pixels on the majority of function phones
- Should be at the very least 180 × 180 pixels
- Will be chopped to fit a square
- Lies 16 pixels from the left and also 176 pixels from the top of your cover image on computer systems
- Is located 24 pixels from the left, 24 pixels from all-time low and 196 pixels from the top of your cover photo on smart devices
Your Page's cover picture:
- Screens at 851 pixels vast by 315 pixels high on your Page on computers and 640 pixels large by 360 pixels high on smartphones
- Does not display on attribute phones
- Need to go to least 399 pixels vast and also 150 pixels high
- Lots fastest as an sRGB JPG data that's 851 pixels wide, 315 pixels high as well as less than 100 kilobytes
-For profile photos and also cover images with your logo or message, you might get a far better outcome by using a PNG file.
Just what regarding the resolution?
In addition to this measurement adjustment we've gone for a high resolution suggestion due to the fact that we are additionally thinking about the surge of higher res gadgets such as Retina Show-- you desire your cover images to look all crisp as well as clear there also don't you! 1920px x 1080px future proofs you to some extent as well as covers off practically other gadget currently on the market.
On resolution Facebook doesn't aid when it claims "Bear in mind that your cover image have to be at least 400 pixels broad as well as 150 pixels tall". This is just a minimal size and in our experience we locate it way as well grainy and the advice offers no support on secure locations for message.
As long as it's not a crazy size you will not be punished for uploading a wonderful big high res picture (this utilized to be the case with Facebook Teams where compression was used) yet say goodbye to.
One word of caution, depending upon the screen you make use of to see (i.e. non high res/retina screen), you may discover the photo a little blurry. We've experimented with JPG vs PNG as well as a variety of dimensions from 640x360 completely to 1640x923. Currently 820x461 commonly looks the sharpest on older display screens yet we 'd still advise 1920px x 1080px for ideal future proofing.