Facebook Timeline Cover Photo
1. The cover picture size on desktops has changed from a size of 851 pixels to a width of 828 pixels. (The height stays the exact same at 315 pixels.) If you have message or other vital details on the side of your cover picture, you could see that they're reduced off on the side( s) now
2. Your profile photo, Facebook Web page Call and Username have moved. They utilized to show up in addition to your cover photo, in the lower left edge. Now they are situated on the left side of your cover picture.
3. Page tabs currently appear under your profile picture, as opposed to beneath your cover image.
4. Facebook Like, Message, and A lot more buttons now show up listed below your cover photo. These buttons utilized to show up on the bottom of your cover image.
5. The Call-to-Action switch now shows up below your cover picture-- and also is larger! This switch made use of to be found on top of your cover image (and was smaller sized).
Adjustments # 2-5 are wonderful-- because you no more have to bother with your cover photo design being covered up by buttons as well as text! Before, you had to make sure Facebook wasn't hiding any crucial information on your cover picture.
DESIGNING FACEBOOK COVER PHOTOS FOR DESKTOP COMPUTERS As Well As MOBILE:
As I pointed out above, the cover picture dimension on desktop computers has altered to 828 pixels large by 315 pixels high. But exactly what concerning on mobile phones? It would certainly be good if Facebook would just reduce your cover picture to fit on a smaller sized screen size; but no such luck! Instead, Facebook displays your cover photo at a size of 640 x 360 on smart phones-- which crops off a great portion of the sides of your cover picture that you created at the 828 x 315 size.