Keep in mind: Deactivating your account is not the same thing as erasing your Facebook account This process just suspends your account and also does not erase it permanently.
Warning: Deactivating your account will not safeguard it from cyberpunks.
How To Deactivate Your Facebook Account
1. Log right into your Facebook account.
2. Click on the Account Menu switch that lies in the upper-right hand edge of the display.
3. Select Settings from the drop-down menu.
4. Select Security in the left-hand column.
5. Select Deactivate your account, and afterwards adhere to the steps to complete the process.
Keep in mind: After you have actually completed this process, you will no longer be searchable neither visible to buddies on Facebook.