How Do I Know Who Has Blocked Me On Facebook
Method 1: Message History
1. Open your inbox. With this method, we'll figure out whether or not we've been obstructed by searching for clues in Facebook's built-in messaging service. To begin, open your Facebook inbox. After visiting, click the little icon in the top right of the home window that looks like two speech bubbles. Click "See All" to access your inbox.
If you've recently connected with this individual, your discussion might be at or near the top of the drop-down menu that displays when you click on the messaging symbol. In this case, you could click on your discussion to bring it up in a small conversation box at the bottom of the home window.
Note that this technique requires you to have had a past discussion with your good friend. If you have not exchanged messages with the individual in question over Facebook, you won't have a discussion history where to try to find hints.
2. Locate a previous discussion with the close friend concerned. When you've accessed your inbox, you'll wish to discover any type of past communication you have actually had with this pal. This can be a private individually message or a group message that they responded to - all that's important is that they sent out a message of their very own as part of the discussion. Discussions that they review yet did not reply to are however unusable.
If you can not discover a discussion with your close friend by scrolling through the listing of discussions at the left of the inbox, you could wish to try making use of the search bar on top left to look your message history for your buddy's name or various other keywords.
3. Seek a "default" account photo and/or an un-clickable profile web link. Every entry in your conversation background should have the poster's name and account image at the top of it. Look at one of your friend's entrances - the problem of his or her name and also account picture can inform you whether you have actually been obstructed or whether this person's profile has been removed.
a. If your good friend's account photo is still visible, but his or her name is greyed out as well as can not be clicked to access his/her account, you have likely been blocked.
b. If, on the other hand, your friend's name isn't clickable, yet his or her profile picture is readied to the "default" Facebook picture (androgynous white shape against light blue backdrop), s/he has probably erased his or her account. The only option - that s/he obstructed you as well as deleted his or her account picture - is very unlikely.
b1. If your pal's messages birth the name "Facebook User", as opposed to his or her actual name, s/he has most definitely erased his/her profile.
Method 2: Internet search engine
1. Confirm that you could not locate your good friend's account on Facebook. This approach utilizes your preferred online online search engine (Google, Yahoo, and so on) to try to find your close friend's profile beyond Facebook. If you could find it beyond Facebook yet not within Facebook, you'll understand you've been blocked. Prior to starting, make sure your pal's account cannot be discovered on Facebook. Try searching their name in the search bar at the top of your profile and tagging them in your posts - if you cannot seem to find their account or you obtain a "Sorry, this web page isn't really readily available" mistake display when you click a link to your profile, this is evidence that you have actually either been blocked or that your good friend has actually disabled their account - one or the other - so, continue to the following steps.
Additionally, bear in mind that Facebook customers occasionally alter their names - normally just for laughs. If your friend has done this, you could not be able to locate them with their actual name, so try examining an old conversation in your inbox - if they've transformed their name, this will certainly be shown here.
2. Log out of Facebook. Next, log out of your account. Click the downward-pointing arrow on top right of your profile to show a drop-down home window with several choice. Click "Log Out" to log out of your account.
It's important to be logged out of your account due to the fact that if you've been blocked and also you stay logged in, you will not be able to see your good friend's profile even if you can handle to find it with a search engine.
3. Perform a look for the Facebook profile of the person. Since you're logged out, go to Google (or the online search engine of your choice) and also search for your buddy's profile. You'll most likely want to use a search inquiry like "( Your pal's name) Facebook" or something comparable.
If you're getting unclear outcomes, attempt including individual details like where the friend lived or went to school as key words in your search. As an example, for a buddy who matured in Albuquerque as well as mosted likely to Yale, you might utilize a search question like "Jane Doe Facebook Albuquerque Yale" to narrow down your results.
4. Try to find your friend's account. Offered the fact that any person on Facebook is likely to share his or her name with a number of (otherwise thousands) of other customers, it can be complicated to discover your friend's account while logged out. Do your ideal, using pertinent search phrases to narrow down your results. Based on the result of your search, it's typically relatively very easy to inform whether you have actually been blocked:.
If you can discover your good friend's profile on Google while logged out as well as it appears to be energetic and also operating, but you cannot find them on Facebook when you are logged in, they've possibly obstructed you.
If, on the other hand, you cannot discover your buddy's profile on Facebook while visited and also you can not discover it on Google while logged out or you discover just what seems a shut down or damaged link to their account on Google, they have actually possibly eliminated their account.
Method 3: Coverage a Discussion
1. Locate an old Facebook conversation with your buddy. This approach makes use of the ability to report spam or abuse on Facebook's messaging service to establish whether you have actually been obstructed in a roundabout way. To begin, access your inbox as well as discover an old discussion you have actually had with your good friend. If you don't have any type of conversations with this friend, you will not have the ability to report your conversation, so you're much better off with another approach.
Though you're not likely to create any type of severe consequences for your friend by reporting him or her for spam (particularly if s/he has actually not done anything incorrect), doing so is instead disingenuous and might create more stress with an individual who's intentionally obstructed you, so use this approach with care.
You'll wish to utilize one-on-one conversations with the friend you presume of blocking you, rather than group discussions that the user was a part of, for this technique.
2. Report the customer. When you're viewing your old conversation, click the "Activities" tab at the top of the home window. Select "Report Spam or Abuse". Select the third choice in the pop-up home window, "Record discussion participant( s) for bothering ..." and click the Okay button.
Once more, it births pointing out that reporting someone can easily be viewed as hostile or petty, so avoid using this approach for individuals with who you have a valued relationship.
3. Seek "Obstructed" on the following window. After you report he or she, a confirmation home window will appear presenting his/her name, picture, and words "Blocked" or "Report".
If you see "Obstructed" alongside your pal's name, you have actually been obstructed.
If you see "Record" next to your friend's name, your close friend has most likely removed his or her profile.
Once again, note that with this method, you run the risk, nonetheless small, of opening your good friend's account approximately corrective action from Facebook, so utilize it just as a last hope.