Ex Girlfriend Blocked Me On Facebook
Method 1: Message Background
1. Open your inbox. With this approach, we'll identify whether or not we have actually been blocked by looking for clues in Facebook's built-in messaging service. To start, open your Facebook inbox. After logging in, click the small symbol in the top right of the window that resembles two speech bubbles. Click "See All" to access your inbox.
If you have actually just recently connected with this individual, your conversation could go to or near the top of the drop-down menu that shows when you click on the messaging symbol. In this case, you can click your conversation to bring it up in a small chat box at the end of the home window.
Note that this technique requires you to have had a past discussion with your good friend. If you have not exchanged messages with the individual in question over Facebook, you will not have a discussion history in which to seek clues.
2. Find a previous conversation with the friend in question. When you've accessed your inbox, you'll wish to discover any kind of past document you've had with this pal. This can be a personal one-on-one message or a team message that they responded to - all that's important is that they sent out a message of their very own as part of the discussion. Conversations that they read but did not reply to are unfortunately unusable.
If you cannot discover a discussion with your pal by scrolling with the listing of conversations at the left of the inbox, you may wish to attempt using the search bar on top left to search your message history for your friend's name or other keyword phrases.
3. Look for a "default" profile image and/or an un-clickable account web link. Every entry in your conversation background ought to have the poster's name and also profile photo on top of it. Check out one of your friend's access - the problem of his/her name as well as account image could tell you whether you have actually been obstructed or whether this person's profile has been erased.
a. If your close friend's profile image is still visible, yet his/her name is greyed out as well as can not be clicked to access his or her profile, you have likely been obstructed.
b. If, on the other hand, your friend's name isn't clickable, but his/her profile image is readied to the "default" Facebook image (androgynous white shape against light blue backdrop), s/he has actually most likely erased his/her profile. The only choice - that s/he obstructed you and also erased his/her account picture - is extremely unlikely.
b1. If your good friend's messages bear the name "Facebook Individual", as opposed to his or her actual name, s/he has certainly deleted his or her profile.
Technique 2: Online search engine
1. Verify that you could not locate your close friend's profile on Facebook. This technique uses your recommended online online search engine (Google, Yahoo, etc.) to look for your buddy's profile beyond Facebook. If you could find it outside of Facebook yet not within Facebook, you'll know you've been blocked. Before starting, ensure your buddy's account can't be found on Facebook. Attempt searching their name in the search bar at the top of your profile and identifying them in your articles - if you cannot seem to situate their profile or you get a "Sorry, this page isn't available" error screen when you click on a link to your profile, this is proof that you have actually either been blocked or that your good friend has disabled their profile - one or the various other - so, proceed to the following steps.
Additionally, bear in mind that Facebook individuals sometimes change their names - typically just for laughs. If your buddy has done this, you could not be able to discover them with their actual name, so attempt inspecting an old discussion in your inbox - if they've altered their name, this will be shown here.
2. Log out of Facebook. Next off, log out of your account. Click the downward-pointing arrow on top right of your account to present a drop-down home window with a number of alternative. Click "Log Out" to log out of your account.
It is very important to be logged out of your account due to the fact that if you've been obstructed as well as you stay logged in, you won't be able to watch your pal's account even if you can handle to locate it with a search engine.
3. Execute a look for the Facebook account of the individual. Now that you're logged out, most likely to Google (or the internet search engine of your choice) and also look for your buddy's profile. You'll possibly want to make use of a search inquiry like "( Your pal's name) Facebook" or something comparable.
If you're getting ambiguous outcomes, attempt consisting of individual details like where the buddy lived or went to college as key phrases in your search. As an example, for a close friend that grew up in Albuquerque and also went to Yale, you could utilize a search query like "Jane Doe Facebook Albuquerque Yale" to limit your outcomes.
4. Try to find your buddy's account. Given the fact that anybody on Facebook is likely to share his or her name with a number of (if not thousands) of other customers, it can be challenging to find your friend's profile while logged out. Do your best, utilizing pertinent key words to limit your results. Based upon the result of your search, it's generally fairly simple to inform whether you have actually been obstructed:.
If you can discover your good friend's profile on Google while logged out as well as it appears to be active and operating, however you cannot discover them on Facebook when you are logged in, they have actually most likely blocked you.
If, on the other hand, you cannot discover your friend's account on Facebook while logged in as well as you cannot locate it on Google while logged out or you discover what appears to be a deactivated or broken link to their account on Google, they've probably eliminated their profile.
Approach 3: Coverage a Conversation
1. Locate an old Facebook conversation with your good friend. This approach uses the ability to report spam or abuse on Facebook's messaging service to identify whether or not you have actually been obstructed in a roundabout way. To start, accessibility your inbox and also discover an old discussion you have actually had with your close friend. If you do not have any discussions with this buddy, you will not have the ability to report your discussion, so you're much better off with another technique.
Though you're not likely to produce any major repercussions for your good friend by reporting him or her for spam (specifically if s/he has done nothing wrong), doing so is instead disingenuous as well as could produce more stress with a person that's intentionally blocked you, so utilize this approach with caution.
You'll want to make use of individually discussions with the friend you think of obstructing you, instead of group conversations that the user belonged of, for this approach.
2. Report the user. When you're seeing your old discussion, click the "Activities" tab at the top of the window. Select "Report Spam or Abuse". Select the 3rd choice in the pop-up window, "Record discussion individual( s) for pestering ..." and also click the Okay button.
Again, it bears pointing out that reporting someone could quickly be perceived as aggressive or petty, so prevent using this method for people with that you have a valued partnership.
3. Seek "Obstructed" on the following home window. After you report he or she, a verification home window will pop up showing his/her name, image, and the words "Obstructed" or "Report".
If you see "Obstructed" alongside your buddy's name, you've been obstructed.
If you see "Record" next to your buddy's name, your friend has most likely erased his/her account.
Again, note that with this approach, you run the risk, however little, of opening your friend's account up to disciplinary activity from Facebook, so use it just as a last resort.