Initially, we should make a clear difference between just "shutting down" your account as well as actually erasing it.
Deactivating your Facebook account is a rather fast and simple process, yet it will just hide your account and personal info, not clean it completely off of Facebook's web servers.
To deactivate your account, visit the Protection Settings menu (click the down-arrow in the top-right edge of the display, pick Account Setups, after that click Safety and security in the left column), click the "Deactivate your account" web link, and adhere to the triggers. Change your mind? Just log back into Facebook, and your profile will be awaiting you.
But what happens if you intend to erase your account totally-- and also permanently? You can, however you'll need to leap via a couple of more hoops, as well as the procedure isn't really instantaneous.
How To Delete Facebook Acct
Here's just what you do:
1. The very first action is really discovering the link for deleting your account. One means is to browse for "delete account" in the Facebook Aid Facility, or you could just click this web link.
2. Next off, you'll concern a web page warning exactly what will happen if you remove your account-- specifically, that when your account is erased, you won't be able to recuperate your information. Ready to proceed? Click the "Delete My Account" button.
3. A pop-up window will show up with yet another caution: "You will permanently erase your account. Are you certain?" You'll after that need to enter your Facebook password, then enter a "captcha" safety and security code (a cluster of arbitrary text, intended making certain you're not a malicious spambot).
4. All done? Click the "Okay" switch, after that examine your inbox for an email confirming that you've asked for that Facebook completely erase your account.
5. Currently comes the lengthy part. Facebook won't delete your account as soon as possible-- certainly, you'll have to wait a full 14 days for your Facebook profile to be removed forever. If you have reservations during your two-week wait, you can log back right into your account and click the "Cancel Removal" button.
6. Another point: After Facebook has formally removed your account, remember that several of your info may remain on Facebook's back-up web servers for as much as 90 days. Then, though, your account as well as other individual data need to be entirely cleaned off Facebook.