Keep in mind: Deactivating your account is not the same thing as removing your Facebook account This procedure only suspends your account as well as does not eliminate it permanently.
Warning: Deactivating your account will not shield it from hackers.
How To Deactivate Facebook Account Temporarily
1. Log into your Facebook account.
2. Click the Account Menu switch that is located in the upper-right hand edge of the display.
3. Select Settings from the drop-down menu.
4. Select Safety and security in the left-hand column.
5. Select Deactivate your account, and afterwards comply with the actions to complete the process.
Keep in mind: After you have actually finished this process, you will certainly no longer be searchable neither visible to close friends on Facebook.