Keep in mind: Deactivating your account is not the same thing as removing your Facebook account This procedure just suspends your account and does not erase it completely.
Caution: Deactivating your account will certainly not shield it from hackers.
How To Activate And Deactivate Facebook Account
1. Log right into your Facebook account.
2. Click the Account Menu switch that lies in the upper-right hand edge of the screen.
3. Select Settings from the drop-down menu.
4. Select Protection in the left-hand column.
5. Select Deactivate your account, and afterwards follow the actions to complete the process.
Note: After you have completed this procedure, you will certainly no longer be searchable neither visible to buddies on Facebook.