First, we need to make a clear distinction in between just "shutting down" your account as well as in fact deleting it.
Deactivating your Facebook account is a rather fast and also simple process, yet it will only conceal your account and personal info, not wipe it completely off of Facebook's web servers.
To deactivate your account, see the Protection Settings menu (click the down-arrow in the top-right edge of the display, pick Account Settings, after that click Safety and security in the left column), click the "Deactivate your account" link, and adhere to the motivates. Adjustment your mind? Just log back right into Facebook, and also your profile will certainly be waiting for you.
However what happens if you wish to erase your account entirely-- and completely? You can, but you'll have to jump with a few even more hoops, and the procedure isn't instant.
How Do U Delete Facebook
Below's just what you do:
1. The very first step is in fact locating the link for erasing your account. One way is to look for "erase account" in the Facebook Aid Center, or you could just click this link.
2. Next off, you'll involve a page warning what will certainly take place if you delete your account-- namely, that once your account is erased, you will not be able to recoup your information. Ready to proceed? Click the "Delete My Account" button.
3. A pop-up home window will appear with yet an additional caution: "You are about to permanently erase your account. Are you sure?" You'll then have to enter your Facebook password, after that enter a "captcha" safety and security code (a collection of random message, planned to make certain you're not a malicious spambot).
4. All done? Click the "Okay" switch, then check your inbox for an email confirming that you've asked for that Facebook permanently delete your account.
5. Now comes the taxing part. Facebook will not delete your account as soon as possible-- undoubtedly, you'll have to wait a complete 2 Week for your Facebook account to be removed forever. If you have second thoughts during your two-week delay, you could log back right into your account as well as click the "Cancel Removal" switch.
6. Another point: After Facebook has officially erased your account, keep in mind that some of your info might remain on Facebook's backup web servers for as much as 90 days. Then, though, your account as well as other personal data ought to be entirely rubbed out Facebook.