Keep in mind: Deactivating your account is not the exact same thing as deleting your Facebook account This process just suspends your account and also does not eliminate it completely.
Warning: Deactivating your account will not shield it from hackers.
How Do I Temporarily Deactivate My Facebook Account
1. Log into your Facebook account.
2. Click on the Account Food selection switch that lies in the upper-right hand corner of the display.
3. Select Settings from the drop-down menu.
4. Select Safety in the left-hand column.
5. Select Deactivate your account, and afterwards follow the actions to complete the procedure.
Note: After you have actually finished this procedure, you will not be searchable nor visible to good friends on Facebook.