Keep in mind: Deactivating your account is not the exact same point as erasing your Facebook account This process only suspends your account and also does not remove it completely.
Caution: Deactivating your account will not protect it from cyberpunks.
How Do I Deactivate My Facebook Account
1. Log right into your Facebook account.
2. Click the Account Menu switch that lies in the upper-right hand edge of the screen.
3. Select Setups from the drop-down menu.
4. Select Safety in the left-hand column.
5. Select Deactivate your account, and afterwards follow the actions to finish the procedure.
Keep in mind: After you have completed this procedure, you will no longer be searchable neither noticeable to good friends on Facebook.