First, we require to make a clear distinction between simply "shutting down" your account as well as actually deleting it.
Deactivating your Facebook account is a fairly quick and very easy process, yet it will only hide your profile as well as personal info, not wipe it totally off of Facebook's servers.
To deactivate your account, check out the Safety Settings menu (click the down-arrow in the top-right corner of the screen, select Account Setups, after that click Security in the left column), click the "Deactivate your account" link, and adhere to the triggers. Modification your mind? Simply log back right into Facebook, and your account will be waiting on you.
But suppose you desire to remove your account entirely-- and also completely? You can, yet you'll need to jump via a few even more hoops, and also the procedure isn't immediate.
Facebook Delete Link
Here's exactly what you do:
1. The very first step is in fact discovering the link for removing your account. One means is to search for "erase account" in the Facebook Assistance Facility, or you could simply click this web link.
2. Next off, you'll involve a page cautioning just what will occur if you delete your account-- particularly, that as soon as your account is removed, you won't have the ability to recuperate your details. Ready to proceed? Click the "Remove My Account" switch.
3. A pop-up window will appear with yet an additional caution: "You are about to permanently delete your account. Are you certain?" You'll then need to enter your Facebook password, after that enter a "captcha" safety code (a collection of arbitrary text, intended making sure you're not a malicious spambot).
4. All done? Click the "Okay" switch, then inspect your inbox for an email verifying that you have actually asked for that Facebook completely remove your account.
5. Currently comes the time-consuming part. Facebook will not remove your account right now-- undoubtedly, you'll have to wait a full 14 days for your Facebook profile to be gotten rid of for life. If you have doubts throughout your two-week wait, you could log back into your account and also click the "Cancel Deletion" switch.
6. Another thing: Also after Facebook has officially erased your account, bear in mind that a few of your information could remain on Facebook's back-up web servers for as much as 90 days. Afterwards, however, your account and other individual information ought to be entirely rubbed out Facebook.