Initially, we have to make a clear difference in between simply "shutting down" your account and really erasing it.
Deactivating your Facebook account is a fairly fast as well as simple process, however it will just hide your account and individual information, not clean it entirely off of Facebook's servers.
To deactivate your account, visit the Safety and security Settings menu (click the down-arrow in the top-right edge of the display, pick Account Settings, then click Protection in the left column), click the "Deactivate your account" link, and comply with the prompts. Change your mind? Just log back right into Facebook, and your account will certainly be awaiting you.
But just what if you wish to erase your account totally-- and also permanently? You can, yet you'll need to jump via a couple of even more hoops, and the process isn't really instantaneous.
Facebook Delete Account Page
Below's just what you do:
1. The initial step is actually locating the link for erasing your account. One method is to browse for "delete account" in the Facebook Aid Facility, or you could simply click this web link.
2. Next, you'll involve a page warning exactly what will occur if you remove your account-- particularly, that as soon as your account is erased, you won't have the ability to recuperate your details. All set to proceed? Click the "Remove My Account" button.
3. A pop-up home window will appear with yet an additional caution: "You will completely remove your account. Are you sure?" You'll after that have to enter your Facebook password, after that get in a "captcha" safety code (a cluster of random text, meant making certain you're not a harmful spambot).
4. All done? Click the "Okay" button, then check your inbox for an email validating that you have actually asked for that Facebook permanently remove your account.
5. Now comes the lengthy part. Facebook will not remove your account right now-- certainly, you'll need to wait a complete 14 days for your Facebook profile to be removed forever. If you have doubts throughout your two-week delay, you can log back right into your account and click the "Cancel Removal" switch.
6. One more point: Also after Facebook has actually formally deleted your account, remember that a few of your details could stay on Facebook's backup servers for approximately 90 days. After that, however, your profile as well as various other individual data need to be totally rubbed out Facebook.