First, we have to make a clear distinction in between merely "deactivating" your account as well as really erasing it.
Deactivating your Facebook account is a fairly fast and easy procedure, yet it will only conceal your account and individual info, not wipe it completely off of Facebook's web servers.
To deactivate your account, check out the Security Settings menu (click the down-arrow in the top-right corner of the display, choose Account Setups, after that click Security in the left column), click the "Deactivate your account" web link, and comply with the triggers. Modification your mind? Simply log back into Facebook, as well as your account will be waiting for you.
Yet what happens if you intend to erase your account entirely-- and also permanently? You can, yet you'll need to jump with a few more hoops, and the procedure isn't really instantaneous.
Right here's just what you do:
1. The initial step is actually locating the link for deleting your account. One means is to look for "remove account" in the Facebook Help Center, or you could just click this link.
2. Next, you'll pertain to a web page alerting what will certainly take place if you delete your account-- namely, that as soon as your account is removed, you won't have the ability to recuperate your details. Ready to continue? Click the "Erase My Account" button.
3. A pop-up home window will show up with yet one more caution: "You will completely remove your account. Are you certain?" You'll then need to enter your Facebook password, after that get in a "captcha" security code (a cluster of arbitrary text, meant making certain you're not a harmful spambot).
4. All done? Click the "Okay" switch, after that examine your inbox for an email validating that you have actually asked for that Facebook permanently delete your account.
5. Currently comes the lengthy component. Facebook won't remove your account today-- without a doubt, you'll have to wait a full 2 Week for your Facebook account to be eliminated permanently. If you have reservations during your two-week delay, you could log back into your account as well as click the "Cancel Deletion" switch.
6. One even more thing: After Facebook has actually formally erased your account, remember that some of your details could stay on Facebook's back-up web servers for approximately 90 days. Then, though, your account and other personal data should be totally cleaned off Facebook.