First, we need to make a clear distinction between just "shutting down" your account and really removing it.
Deactivating your Facebook account is a fairly fast as well as easy process, but it will just conceal your profile and personal information, not wipe it totally off of Facebook's web servers.
To deactivate your account, see the Protection Settings food selection (click the down-arrow in the top-right edge of the screen, pick Account Settings, after that click Protection in the left column), click the "Deactivate your account" web link, and comply with the prompts. Adjustment your mind? Just log back right into Facebook, as well as your account will be awaiting you.
Yet just what if you want to delete your account totally-- and completely? You can, yet you'll have to leap through a few more hoops, and also the process isn't immediate.
Delete A Facebook
Here's just what you do:
1. The very first step is actually discovering the web link for erasing your account. One method is to look for "delete account" in the Facebook Assistance Center, or you could simply click this link.
2. Next off, you'll pertain to a web page alerting exactly what will certainly take place if you delete your account-- specifically, that as soon as your account is removed, you will not be able to recoup your info. All set to continue? Click the "Delete My Account" button.
3. A pop-up home window will appear with yet an additional warning: "You will permanently erase your account. Are you sure?" You'll then need to enter your Facebook password, then enter a "captcha" safety code (a cluster of random message, meant to make certain you're not a destructive spambot).
4. All done? Click the "Okay" switch, then inspect your inbox for an e-mail confirming that you've asked for that Facebook completely delete your account.
5. Currently comes the taxing component. Facebook won't remove your account today-- undoubtedly, you'll have to wait a full 14 days for your Facebook profile to be gotten rid of permanently. If you have doubts during your two-week wait, you can log back right into your account and click the "Cancel Removal" switch.
6. One even more thing: After Facebook has actually officially deleted your account, bear in mind that some of your info might remain on Facebook's backup web servers for up to 90 days. Afterwards, however, your account and also various other individual data ought to be entirely rubbed out Facebook.