First, we should make a clear distinction between merely "deactivating" your account and in fact deleting it.
Deactivating your Facebook account is a fairly quick as well as easy procedure, yet it will only conceal your profile and individual details, not wipe it completely off of Facebook's servers.
To deactivate your account, check out the Safety and security Settings food selection (click the down-arrow in the top-right edge of the screen, pick Account Setups, after that click Protection in the left column), click the "Deactivate your account" web link, as well as follow the motivates. Adjustment your mind? Just log back right into Facebook, as well as your profile will certainly be awaiting you.
However just what if you intend to erase your account entirely-- and permanently? You can, yet you'll have to jump with a few more hoops, as well as the process isn't really instant.
Delete Facebook Com
Below's just what you do:
1. The first step is in fact locating the link for erasing your account. One means is to look for "delete account" in the Facebook Assistance Facility, or you can just click this link.
2. Next off, you'll concern a web page warning exactly what will take place if you erase your account-- namely, that as soon as your account is erased, you won't be able to recover your information. Prepared to proceed? Click the "Erase My Account" switch.
3. A pop-up home window will appear with yet an additional warning: "You are concerning to permanently remove your account. Are you sure?" You'll after that need to enter your Facebook password, then go into a "captcha" safety code (a cluster of arbitrary message, intended to earn certain you're not a harmful spambot).
4. All done? Click the "Okay" button, then inspect your inbox for an e-mail confirming that you have actually requested that Facebook completely delete your account.
5. Now comes the time-consuming part. Facebook will not erase your account immediately-- undoubtedly, you'll need to wait a full 14 days for your Facebook profile to be gotten rid of for life. If you have second thoughts during your two-week delay, you can log back into your account and click the "Terminate Removal" button.
6. One more thing: After Facebook has actually officially deleted your account, maintain in mind that several of your details could remain on Facebook's back-up web servers for up to 90 days. After that, though, your profile as well as other personal data should be totally rubbed out Facebook.