Initially, we should make a clear difference in between merely "shutting off" your account and actually removing it.
Deactivating your Facebook account is a fairly quick and simple procedure, but it will just hide your account and personal information, not clean it totally off of Facebook's servers.
To deactivate your account, go to the Safety Setups menu (click the down-arrow in the top-right edge of the screen, pick Account Settings, after that click Safety and security in the left column), click the "Deactivate your account" link, as well as follow the motivates. Adjustment your mind? Simply log back into Facebook, and also your profile will be waiting on you.
However suppose you want to erase your account completely-- and permanently? You can, however you'll have to leap through a few more hoops, and the procedure isn't really instant.
Can You Delete A Facebook
Below's what you do:
1. The primary step is really discovering the web link for removing your account. One method is to look for "erase account" in the Facebook Assistance Facility, or you can simply click this link.
2. Next off, you'll come to a web page warning exactly what will certainly happen if you remove your account-- namely, that once your account is deleted, you will not be able to recuperate your info. Prepared to continue? Click the "Remove My Account" button.
3. A pop-up window will appear with yet an additional caution: "You will permanently remove your account. Are you certain?" You'll then have to enter your Facebook password, then go into a "captcha" safety and security code (a collection of arbitrary text, intended making sure you're not a harmful spambot).
4. All done? Click the "Okay" switch, after that check your inbox for an e-mail verifying that you have actually asked for that Facebook completely erase your account.
5. Currently comes the time-consuming part. Facebook won't remove your account as soon as possible-- indeed, you'll have to wait a full 2 Week for your Facebook account to be eliminated for life. If you have reservations throughout your two-week wait, you can log back into your account as well as click the "Cancel Deletion" switch.
6. One even more point: Even after Facebook has actually officially erased your account, bear in mind that several of your information could stay on Facebook's back-up servers for as much as 90 days. Then, though, your account and various other individual information ought to be entirely rubbed out Facebook.