Why You Blocked Me On Facebook
Technique 1: Message History
1. Open your inbox. With this technique, we'll figure out whether we've been obstructed by trying to find clues in Facebook's built-in messaging solution. To start, open your Facebook inbox. After logging in, click the little icon in the top right of the home window that appears like two speech bubbles. Click "See All" to access your inbox.
If you have actually just recently interacted with this individual, your conversation may go to or near the top of the drop-down menu that presents when you click the messaging icon. In this situation, you can click your discussion to bring it up in a small conversation box below the home window.
Keep in mind that this technique requires you to have had a previous conversation with your pal. If you haven't traded messages with the individual in question over Facebook, you will not have a conversation history where to try to find ideas.
2. Discover a past discussion with the close friend concerned. When you have actually accessed your inbox, you'll want to locate any type of previous document you've had with this pal. This can be an exclusive individually message or a group message that they responded to - all that's important is that they sent out a message of their own as part of the conversation. Conversations that they check out but did not respond to are however unusable.
If you can't find a discussion with your close friend by scrolling through the list of conversations at the left of the inbox, you might wish to attempt making use of the search bar at the top left to look your message history for your buddy's name or other keyword phrases.
3. Seek a "default" profile photo and/or an un-clickable account link. Every entrance in your discussion history need to have the poster's name and profile picture at the top of it. Check out among your close friend's access - the condition of his/her name as well as profile photo can tell you whether you have actually been obstructed or whether this person's account has been deleted.
a. If your good friend's profile picture is still visible, yet his or her name is greyed out and also can not be clicked to access his/her profile, you have likely been obstructed.
b. If, on the other hand, your buddy's name isn't really clickable, yet his/her account photo is set to the "default" Facebook image (androgynous white silhouette versus light blue background), s/he has actually most likely removed his or her profile. The only option - that s/he obstructed you and also removed his or her profile picture - is very unlikely.
b1. If your good friend's messages bear the name "Facebook User", instead of his or her actual name, s/he has actually definitely removed his or her account.
Approach 2: Search Engine
1. Verify that you can not discover your buddy's profile on Facebook. This technique utilizes your recommended online search engine (Google, Yahoo, etc.) to look for your close friend's profile outside of Facebook. If you can find it beyond Facebook yet not within Facebook, you'll recognize you have actually been blocked. Before beginning, see to it your buddy's account cannot be discovered on Facebook. Try searching their name in the search bar at the top of your profile and tagging them in your blog posts - if you can not seem to situate their account or you get a "Sorry, this web page isn't really readily available" error display when you click a connect to your profile, this is proof that you have actually either been blocked or that your close friend has actually disabled their profile - one or the other - so, continue to the next actions.
Likewise, bear in mind that Facebook customers periodically alter their names - normally just for laughs. If your close friend has done this, you might not be able to find them with their actual name, so attempt checking an old conversation in your inbox - if they have actually transformed their name, this will certainly be shown right here.
2. Log out of Facebook. Next off, log out of your account. Click the downward-pointing arrowhead on top right of your profile to display a drop-down window with numerous option. Click "Log Out" to log out of your account.
It's important to be logged out of your account since if you have actually been blocked and you remain logged in, you won't be able to see your pal's account even if you could handle to find it with an internet search engine.
3. Carry out a search for the Facebook profile of the individual. Since you're logged out, go to Google (or the online search engine of your option) and also search for your good friend's account. You'll most likely want to make use of a search query like "( Your friend's name) Facebook" or something similar.
If you're getting uncertain results, attempt including personal info like where the pal lived or went to institution as key phrases in your search. As an example, for a friend who grew up in Albuquerque and also mosted likely to Yale, you may use a search inquiry like "Jane Doe Facebook Albuquerque Yale" to narrow down your results.
4. Try to find your close friend's profile. Provided the fact that anybody on Facebook is most likely to share his/her name with numerous (if not thousands) of other individuals, it can be difficult to locate your good friend's account while logged out. Do your best, using appropriate keyword phrases to narrow down your results. Based on the outcome of your search, it's usually fairly easy to inform whether you've been blocked:.
If you could locate your friend's profile on Google while logged out and it seems active and also working, however you can not discover them on Facebook when you are visited, they've possibly blocked you.
If, on the other hand, you cannot find your buddy's account on Facebook while visited as well as you can't find it on Google while logged out or you locate what appears to be a shut down or broken connect to their account on Google, they've possibly removed their profile.
Method 3: Coverage a Conversation
1. Find an old Facebook discussion with your buddy. This method uses the capability to report spam or abuse on Facebook's messaging service to establish whether or not you have actually been blocked in a roundabout way. To begin, access your inbox and also find an old discussion you've had with your buddy. If you do not have any conversations with this close friend, you won't have the ability to report your conversation, so you're far better off with an additional technique.
Though you're unlikely to develop any type of serious consequences for your friend by reporting them for spam (particularly if s/he has actually not done anything wrong), doing so is instead disingenuous and might create additional tensions with an individual that's deliberately obstructed you, so utilize this approach with caution.
You'll wish to use one-on-one discussions with the buddy you think of obstructing you, rather than team discussions that the individual belonged of, for this method.
2. Record the customer. When you're viewing your old discussion, click the "Actions" tab at the top of the window. Select "Report Spam or Misuse". Select the third choice in the pop-up window, "Record discussion individual( s) for pestering ..." as well as click the Okay button.
Once again, it births discussing that reporting a person could easily be perceived as aggressive or petty, so avoid using this technique for people with who you have a valued partnership.
3. Search for "Blocked" on the following home window. After you report this person, a verification home window will pop up displaying his or her name, image, and the words "Obstructed" or "Record".
If you see "Obstructed" next to your close friend's name, you've been blocked.
If you see "Record" beside your good friend's name, your close friend has probably deleted his/her account.
Once more, note that with this method, you risk, nonetheless little, of opening your good friend's account as much as disciplinary action from Facebook, so utilize it just as a last resort.