Note: Deactivating your account is not the exact same thing as removing your Facebook account This process only suspends your account and does not erase it completely.
Caution: Deactivating your account will certainly not shield it from hackers.
What Happens When You Deactivate Your Facebook Account
1. Log into your Facebook account.
2. Click on the Account Menu button that is located in the upper-right hand corner of the display.
3. Select Setups from the drop-down menu.
4. Select Safety in the left-hand column.
5. Select Deactivate your account, and then adhere to the steps to complete the process.
Note: After you have actually finished this process, you will certainly no more be searchable nor noticeable to good friends on Facebook.