First, we have to make a clear distinction between simply "shutting down" your account and also really erasing it.
Deactivating your Facebook account is a fairly fast as well as easy process, however it will only conceal your account as well as individual details, not wipe it completely off of Facebook's servers.
To deactivate your account, visit the Security Setups menu (click the down-arrow in the top-right corner of the screen, pick Account Settings, after that click Safety in the left column), click the "Deactivate your account" link, and comply with the triggers. Adjustment your mind? Just log back into Facebook, and also your account will certainly be waiting for you.
But suppose you intend to erase your account totally-- as well as permanently? You can, but you'll need to leap through a few even more hoops, and also the process isn't instant.
Link To Delete Facebook
Right here's just what you do:
1. The first action is really finding the link for removing your account. One way is to browse for "erase account" in the Facebook Help Center, or you could just click this web link.
2. Next off, you'll concern a web page cautioning just what will occur if you erase your account-- particularly, that once your account is erased, you will not be able to recoup your details. All set to continue? Click the "Remove My Account" switch.
3. A pop-up window will certainly appear with yet another caution: "You will permanently remove your account. Are you sure?" You'll after that have to enter your Facebook password, after that go into a "captcha" safety code (a collection of random text, intended making certain you're not a destructive spambot).
4. All done? Click the "Okay" switch, then check your inbox for an e-mail confirming that you've asked for that Facebook permanently erase your account.
5. Now comes the taxing part. Facebook will not remove your account right now-- undoubtedly, you'll have to wait a full 2 Week for your Facebook account to be eliminated permanently. If you have reservations throughout your two-week wait, you could log back right into your account and also click the "Cancel Deletion" switch.
6. One even more thing: After Facebook has officially removed your account, bear in mind that some of your details could remain on Facebook's back-up web servers for as much as 90 days. Afterwards, though, your account and also various other individual information need to be entirely rubbed out Facebook.