First, we have to make a clear distinction between merely "shutting off" your account and also actually removing it.
Deactivating your Facebook account is a fairly quick and very easy process, yet it will only conceal your account and individual info, not clean it totally off of Facebook's servers.
To deactivate your account, go to the Security Setups menu (click the down-arrow in the top-right edge of the display, choose Account Setups, after that click Safety in the left column), click the "Deactivate your account" link, and also comply with the motivates. Adjustment your mind? Simply log back right into Facebook, as well as your profile will certainly be waiting for you.
But suppose you intend to delete your account entirely-- and also completely? You can, but you'll need to jump via a couple of more hoops, and also the process isn't really immediate.
I Want To Delete My Facebook
Right here's what you do:
1. The initial step is actually finding the link for removing your account. One way is to look for "erase account" in the Facebook Help Facility, or you can just click this web link.
2. Next off, you'll involve a page advising just what will take place if you delete your account-- specifically, that as soon as your account is deleted, you won't be able to recover your info. All set to proceed? Click the "Delete My Account" button.
3. A pop-up home window will certainly appear with yet another caution: "You will completely delete your account. Are you sure?" You'll then need to enter your Facebook password, then get in a "captcha" security code (a collection of random text, meant to earn certain you're not a malicious spambot).
4. All done? Click the "Okay" switch, after that inspect your inbox for an email verifying that you have actually asked for that Facebook permanently delete your account.
5. Now comes the taxing component. Facebook will not erase your account as soon as possible-- certainly, you'll have to wait a full 14 days for your Facebook profile to be erased for life. If you have reservations throughout your two-week delay, you can log back into your account and click the "Terminate Removal" switch.
6. One more point: After Facebook has officially erased your account, remember that some of your details may stay on Facebook's backup web servers for approximately 90 days. Then, however, your account and also various other individual data ought to be completely rubbed out Facebook.