First, we have to make a clear difference between simply "shutting down" your account and also really deleting it.
Deactivating your Facebook account is a relatively fast as well as very easy procedure, yet it will only hide your profile and individual info, not wipe it entirely off of Facebook's web servers.
To deactivate your account, see the Protection Setups menu (click the down-arrow in the top-right corner of the display, pick Account Settings, then click Security in the left column), click the "Deactivate your account" link, and comply with the motivates. Modification your mind? Just log back right into Facebook, as well as your profile will certainly be waiting for you.
Yet suppose you want to delete your account totally-- and completely? You can, yet you'll need to leap with a few even more hoops, as well as the procedure isn't really immediate.
How To To Delete Facebook
Here's exactly what you do:
1. The initial step is really discovering the web link for removing your account. One way is to look for "remove account" in the Facebook Aid Facility, or you could just click this link.
2. Next, you'll concern a web page cautioning exactly what will happen if you delete your account-- particularly, that when your account is removed, you won't have the ability to recover your info. Prepared to proceed? Click the "Remove My Account" button.
3. A pop-up window will certainly show up with yet an additional caution: "You will permanently erase your account. Are you sure?" You'll then have to enter your Facebook password, then enter a "captcha" safety code (a collection of arbitrary message, meant to make sure you're not a malicious spambot).
4. All done? Click the "Okay" button, then check your inbox for an e-mail validating that you have actually requested that Facebook completely erase your account.
5. Currently comes the lengthy component. Facebook will not delete your account immediately-- certainly, you'll have to wait a full 14 days for your Facebook account to be eliminated forever. If you have reservations throughout your two-week delay, you could log back into your account and click the "Cancel Removal" switch.
6. Another point: After Facebook has actually officially deleted your account, bear in mind that several of your details could remain on Facebook's back-up web servers for approximately 90 days. After that, however, your account and also various other individual information need to be completely cleaned off Facebook.