How To Tell If You Have Been Blocked On Facebook
Method 1: Message Background
1. Open your inbox. With this technique, we'll figure out whether or not we've been blocked by searching for clues in Facebook's integrated messaging solution. To start, open your Facebook inbox. After logging in, click the small symbol in the top right of the home window that resembles two speech bubbles. Click "See All" to access your inbox.
If you've just recently connected with this individual, your conversation may be at or near the top of the drop-down menu that displays when you click the messaging symbol. In this instance, you could click on your conversation to bring it up in a small chat box at the bottom of the window.
Keep in mind that this technique requires you to have had a past conversation with your friend. If you have not traded messages with the individual concerned over Facebook, you won't have a conversation history in which to seek clues.
2. Locate a previous discussion with the buddy concerned. When you've accessed your inbox, you'll want to discover any kind of previous correspondence you've had with this friend. This can be a private individually message or a team message that they responded to - all that is very important is that they sent out a message of their own as part of the discussion. Conversations that they check out however did not reply to are regrettably useless.
If you can not find a discussion with your friend by scrolling with the checklist of discussions at the left of the inbox, you could want to try utilizing the search bar at the top left to look your message history for your good friend's name or various other key words.
3. Try to find a "default" account image and/or an un-clickable profile web link. Every entry in your conversation background ought to have the poster's name and also profile picture on top of it. Take a look at among your close friend's entrances - the condition of his or her name and account picture could inform you whether you've been blocked or whether he or she's profile has actually been deleted.
a. If your pal's account photo is still noticeable, yet his or her name is greyed out as well as could not be clicked to access his/her profile, you have likely been blocked.
b. If, on the other hand, your close friend's name isn't clickable, but his or her account image is readied to the "default" Facebook picture (androgynous white silhouette against light blue backdrop), s/he has actually most likely removed his or her profile. The only alternative - that s/he blocked you as well as removed his/her profile image - is really unlikely.
b1. If your friend's messages bear the name "Facebook Individual", rather than his or her real name, s/he has actually absolutely deleted his/her account.
Technique 2: Search Engine
1. Validate that you can not locate your pal's profile on Facebook. This approach uses your favored online online search engine (Google, Yahoo, etc.) to search for your pal's profile outside of Facebook. If you can locate it outside of Facebook however not within Facebook, you'll understand you have actually been obstructed. Prior to starting, see to it your good friend's account can not be discovered on Facebook. Attempt looking their name in the search bar on top of your account and marking them in your messages - if you can't appear to locate their account or you obtain a "Sorry, this page isn't readily available" error display when you click on a connect to your profile, this is proof that you have actually either been obstructed or that your pal has actually disabled their profile - one or the various other - so, proceed to the next steps.
Also, keep in mind that Facebook individuals sometimes alter their names - normally just for laughs. If your buddy has done this, you may not be able to locate them with their real name, so try checking an old conversation in your inbox - if they have actually transformed their name, this will certainly be mirrored here.
2. Log out of Facebook. Next, log out of your account. Click the downward-pointing arrow on top right of your profile to display a drop-down home window with numerous alternative. Click "Log Out" to log out of your account.
It's important to be logged out of your account since if you've been obstructed and you remain visited, you won't have the ability to view your buddy's profile even if you could take care of to discover it with a search engine.
3. Perform a search for the Facebook account of the individual. Since you're logged out, most likely to Google (or the internet search engine of your choice) and look for your good friend's profile. You'll probably want to use a search inquiry like "( Your close friend's name) Facebook" or something comparable.
If you're getting unclear results, try including individual info like where the friend lived or went to college as search phrases in your search. For example, for a good friend that grew up in Albuquerque and also went to Yale, you might use a search question like "Jane Doe Facebook Albuquerque Yale" to narrow down your results.
4. Try to find your buddy's account. Offered the fact that any person on Facebook is likely to share his or her name with numerous (otherwise thousands) of other users, it can be tricky to find your buddy's account while logged out. Do your finest, using pertinent key words to narrow down your outcomes. Based on the end result of your search, it's generally relatively easy to inform whether you've been blocked:.
If you can discover your buddy's account on Google while logged out and it appears to be energetic and also operating, yet you cannot find them on Facebook when you are logged in, they've most likely blocked you.
If, on the other hand, you can't discover your good friend's account on Facebook while logged in as well as you cannot find it on Google while logged out or you discover just what seems a shut off or broken connect to their account on Google, they have actually possibly removed their account.
Technique 3: Reporting a Discussion
1. Locate an old Facebook discussion with your buddy. This method makes use of the capacity to report spam or misuse on Facebook's messaging service to establish whether or not you've been obstructed in a roundabout way. To begin, accessibility your inbox and locate an old conversation you've had with your good friend. If you do not have any type of conversations with this close friend, you will not be able to report your conversation, so you're far better off with another approach.
Though you're unlikely to produce any severe consequences for your close friend by reporting them for spam (specifically if s/he has actually not done anything incorrect), doing so is instead insincere as well as might develop further tensions with a person that's intentionally obstructed you, so use this method with care.
You'll intend to make use of one-on-one conversations with the pal you suspect of blocking you, instead of team conversations that the user belonged of, for this approach.
2. Record the individual. When you're watching your old conversation, click the "Actions" tab on top of the window. Select "Record Spam or Abuse". Select the third alternative in the pop-up home window, "Report discussion participant( s) for bugging ..." and click the Okay button.
Again, it births mentioning that reporting somebody can easily be viewed as hostile or petty, so prevent using this technique for individuals with that you have a valued partnership.
3. Look for "Blocked" on the next window. After you report he or she, a confirmation home window will appear presenting his or her name, picture, and words "Obstructed" or "Record".
If you see "Obstructed" alongside your close friend's name, you have actually been blocked.
If you see "Record" beside your good friend's name, your friend has actually possibly deleted his/her profile.
Once more, note that with this approach, you risk, however small, of opening your close friend's account up to corrective activity from Facebook, so utilize it just as a last hope.