Note: Deactivating your account is not the exact same point as removing your Facebook account This process just suspends your account and does not remove it completely.
Warning: Deactivating your account will certainly not protect it from hackers.
How To Deactivate Facebook Account
1. Log right into your Facebook account.
2. Click the Account Menu button that is located in the upper-right hand edge of the display.
3. Select Settings from the drop-down menu.
4. Select Safety in the left-hand column.
5. Select Deactivate your account, and afterwards follow the actions to finish the procedure.
Note: After you have finished this procedure, you will certainly not be searchable neither noticeable to good friends on Facebook.