First, we have to make a clear distinction between simply "deactivating" your account and also actually deleting it.
Deactivating your Facebook account is a rather fast and also simple procedure, however it will just conceal your account and individual info, not wipe it completely off of Facebook's web servers.
To deactivate your account, see the Safety Settings menu (click the down-arrow in the top-right corner of the display, select Account Settings, then click Safety and security in the left column), click the "Deactivate your account" web link, as well as comply with the prompts. Change your mind? Simply log back into Facebook, as well as your account will be waiting for you.
But just what if you wish to erase your account completely-- as well as completely? You can, but you'll have to leap via a couple of even more hoops, as well as the process isn't instant.
How Do You Delete Facebook
Below's exactly what you do:
1. The initial step is really finding the link for deleting your account. One means is to look for "erase account" in the Facebook Aid Facility, or you could just click this link.
2. Next off, you'll involve a page advising just what will certainly happen if you delete your account-- namely, that as soon as your account is deleted, you will not be able to recuperate your details. All set to proceed? Click the "Delete My Account" button.
3. A pop-up window will certainly show up with yet one more warning: "You are concerning to permanently erase your account. Are you certain?" You'll after that have to enter your Facebook password, after that enter a "captcha" security code (a cluster of arbitrary message, planned making sure you're not a destructive spambot).
4. All done? Click the "Okay" switch, then examine your inbox for an e-mail validating that you have actually requested that Facebook permanently remove your account.
5. Currently comes the lengthy component. Facebook will not remove your account right away-- undoubtedly, you'll need to wait a full 14 days for your Facebook profile to be eliminated forever. If you have reservations throughout your two-week wait, you can log back into your account as well as click the "Terminate Removal" button.
6. One even more thing: Even after Facebook has officially removed your account, bear in mind that several of your information could continue to be on Facebook's backup web servers for up to 90 days. After that, though, your account and other personal data ought to be completely rubbed out Facebook.