Initially, we need to make a clear difference in between just "shutting down" your account and really erasing it.
Deactivating your Facebook account is a rather quick and also simple procedure, but it will just conceal your profile and also personal info, not clean it completely off of Facebook's servers.
To deactivate your account, see the Protection Settings menu (click the down-arrow in the top-right corner of the display, select Account Settings, then click Safety and security in the left column), click the "Deactivate your account" web link, and comply with the prompts. Adjustment your mind? Just log back right into Facebook, and also your profile will certainly be awaiting you.
But what if you wish to erase your account entirely-- as well as completely? You can, but you'll need to jump via a couple of even more hoops, and the process isn't instant.
How Delete Facebook
Below's just what you do:
1. The primary step is really finding the web link for deleting your account. One way is to look for "remove account" in the Facebook Assistance Facility, or you can simply click this link.
2. Next, you'll come to a page alerting exactly what will certainly take place if you remove your account-- particularly, that when your account is removed, you will not be able to recover your information. Prepared to continue? Click the "Erase My Account" button.
3. A pop-up home window will certainly appear with yet one more warning: "You are about to permanently delete your account. Are you sure?" You'll after that need to enter your Facebook password, then go into a "captcha" safety and security code (a cluster of arbitrary message, planned to earn certain you're not a harmful spambot).
4. All done? Click the "Okay" button, after that check your inbox for an e-mail confirming that you've requested that Facebook permanently delete your account.
5. Now comes the time-consuming component. Facebook won't remove your account right now-- certainly, you'll have to wait a complete 14 days for your Facebook profile to be eliminated permanently. If you have doubts during your two-week delay, you could log back right into your account and click the "Terminate Deletion" switch.
6. Another point: Also after Facebook has actually formally erased your account, bear in mind that several of your information could stay on Facebook's backup servers for up to 90 days. Afterwards, however, your account and also other personal data must be completely rubbed out Facebook.