First, we need to make a clear difference between merely "deactivating" your account and also actually deleting it.
Deactivating your Facebook account is a relatively fast as well as very easy procedure, however it will just conceal your account and also individual information, not wipe it totally off of Facebook's servers.
To deactivate your account, go to the Safety and security Setups food selection (click the down-arrow in the top-right edge of the display, pick Account Setups, then click Safety and security in the left column), click the "Deactivate your account" web link, and adhere to the prompts. Modification your mind? Just log back right into Facebook, and also your profile will be waiting for you.
Yet what happens if you want to remove your account completely-- and also permanently? You can, however you'll have to jump through a few more hoops, and also the process isn't immediate.
How Can You Delete Facebook
Right here's what you do:
1. The primary step is in fact locating the link for erasing your account. One method is to look for "delete account" in the Facebook Assistance Center, or you could just click this web link.
2. Next, you'll pertain to a web page cautioning what will happen if you erase your account-- namely, that as soon as your account is erased, you will not be able to recuperate your information. All set to continue? Click the "Erase My Account" switch.
3. A pop-up home window will show up with yet one more caution: "You are concerning to completely delete your account. Are you certain?" You'll after that need to enter your Facebook password, then go into a "captcha" safety code (a collection of arbitrary text, meant to earn sure you're not a destructive spambot).
4. All done? Click the "Okay" switch, after that examine your inbox for an email verifying that you've requested that Facebook permanently remove your account.
5. Currently comes the time-consuming part. Facebook won't remove your account right now-- certainly, you'll need to wait a complete 2 Week for your Facebook profile to be removed for life. If you have reservations throughout your two-week wait, you can log back into your account and also click the "Cancel Deletion" button.
6. Another thing: Also after Facebook has formally removed your account, bear in mind that a few of your details could remain on Facebook's backup servers for approximately 90 days. Then, though, your account as well as other personal data should be totally rubbed out Facebook.