First, we require to make a clear difference in between simply "shutting off" your account as well as in fact removing it.
Deactivating your Facebook account is a relatively fast as well as easy process, however it will just hide your account and personal info, not wipe it completely off of Facebook's web servers.
To deactivate your account, check out the Safety Setups food selection (click the down-arrow in the top-right edge of the screen, pick Account Settings, then click Security in the left column), click the "Deactivate your account" link, and also comply with the triggers. Modification your mind? Just log back into Facebook, as well as your account will certainly be awaiting you.
However suppose you wish to delete your account entirely-- as well as completely? You can, however you'll have to leap through a couple of more hoops, and also the process isn't immediate.
How Can I Delete My Facebook
Below's exactly what you do:
1. The initial step is in fact finding the link for removing your account. One method is to look for "remove account" in the Facebook Aid Center, or you can just click this web link.
2. Next off, you'll come to a web page cautioning what will certainly happen if you remove your account-- specifically, that once your account is erased, you won't be able to recover your information. All set to proceed? Click the "Remove My Account" switch.
3. A pop-up home window will certainly show up with yet an additional warning: "You are concerning to permanently erase your account. Are you sure?" You'll then have to enter your Facebook password, then get in a "captcha" safety code (a cluster of random message, meant making sure you're not a destructive spambot).
4. All done? Click the "Okay" switch, then inspect your inbox for an email verifying that you've requested that Facebook completely erase your account.
5. Now comes the time-consuming part. Facebook won't remove your account immediately-- certainly, you'll need to wait a full 14 days for your Facebook account to be gotten rid of forever. If you have reservations throughout your two-week delay, you can log back right into your account as well as click the "Cancel Deletion" button.
6. One even more point: After Facebook has actually formally erased your account, bear in mind that a few of your information might remain on Facebook's backup servers for approximately 90 days. Afterwards, however, your profile as well as other personal data need to be totally wiped off Facebook.