First, we require to make a clear distinction between simply "deactivating" your account as well as in fact removing it.
Deactivating your Facebook account is a relatively fast as well as easy process, yet it will just hide your profile and also individual info, not wipe it totally off of Facebook's web servers.
To deactivate your account, go to the Safety Setups menu (click the down-arrow in the top-right corner of the screen, choose Account Setups, after that click Security in the left column), click the "Deactivate your account" link, and follow the prompts. Adjustment your mind? Simply log back into Facebook, as well as your profile will be waiting on you.
But what happens if you wish to remove your account entirely-- and also permanently? You can, yet you'll have to jump through a couple of even more hoops, and also the process isn't instant.
Deleted My Facebook
Here's exactly what you do:
1. The initial step is really locating the link for erasing your account. One means is to look for "erase account" in the Facebook Assistance Center, or you can simply click this web link.
2. Next off, you'll pertain to a web page advising exactly what will certainly happen if you delete your account-- particularly, that once your account is deleted, you won't be able to recover your information. All set to proceed? Click the "Delete My Account" button.
3. A pop-up home window will appear with yet an additional warning: "You will permanently delete your account. Are you sure?" You'll then need to enter your Facebook password, then get in a "captcha" security code (a cluster of arbitrary text, intended to make sure you're not a harmful spambot).
4. All done? Click the "Okay" switch, after that inspect your inbox for an email verifying that you've asked for that Facebook permanently remove your account.
5. Now comes the lengthy part. Facebook won't delete your account today-- undoubtedly, you'll have to wait a complete 2 Week for your Facebook profile to be eliminated forever. If you have 2nd ideas throughout your two-week delay, you can log back into your account as well as click the "Terminate Removal" switch.
6. One even more thing: After Facebook has actually officially erased your account, maintain in mind that some of your information may remain on Facebook's back-up servers for approximately 90 days. Then, however, your profile and also various other personal data need to be totally rubbed out Facebook.