First, we have to make a clear difference between just "shutting off" your account as well as actually removing it.
Deactivating your Facebook account is a fairly quick and easy process, however it will just conceal your account and also individual information, not clean it entirely off of Facebook's servers.
To deactivate your account, check out the Safety Settings food selection (click the down-arrow in the top-right corner of the display, choose Account Settings, then click Protection in the left column), click the "Deactivate your account" link, and adhere to the prompts. Modification your mind? Simply log back into Facebook, as well as your account will certainly be awaiting you.
Yet suppose you wish to erase your account completely-- as well as permanently? You can, but you'll have to jump with a couple of even more hoops, and also the procedure isn't instant.
Right here's just what you do:
1. The initial step is really locating the web link for deleting your account. One method is to look for "erase account" in the Facebook Aid Facility, or you can simply click this link.
2. Next off, you'll involve a web page cautioning just what will certainly occur if you remove your account-- particularly, that as soon as your account is removed, you will not have the ability to recoup your information. All set to proceed? Click the "Erase My Account" switch.
3. A pop-up home window will appear with yet an additional caution: "You will completely erase your account. Are you sure?" You'll after that have to enter your Facebook password, then enter a "captcha" security code (a cluster of arbitrary text, meant to make certain you're not a destructive spambot).
4. All done? Click the "Okay" switch, then inspect your inbox for an e-mail verifying that you've asked for that Facebook permanently erase your account.
5. Currently comes the taxing component. Facebook won't remove your account immediately-- indeed, you'll need to wait a complete 2 Week for your Facebook account to be erased forever. If you have reservations during your two-week wait, you can log back right into your account and click the "Terminate Removal" button.
6. One more point: Also after Facebook has formally removed your account, remember that a few of your info could remain on Facebook's back-up web servers for as much as 90 days. After that, however, your account as well as other personal data should be completely cleaned off Facebook.