Initially, we should make a clear distinction in between merely "shutting down" your account and in fact removing it.
Deactivating your Facebook account is a fairly quick and also easy process, but it will just conceal your account as well as individual information, not clean it entirely off of Facebook's web servers.
To deactivate your account, check out the Safety Settings food selection (click the down-arrow in the top-right corner of the display, select Account Settings, then click Security in the left column), click the "Deactivate your account" link, as well as comply with the prompts. Modification your mind? Just log back right into Facebook, as well as your profile will be awaiting you.
However what happens if you want to remove your account totally-- and permanently? You can, but you'll have to jump via a couple of more hoops, and the process isn't really instantaneous.
Can You Delete Your Facebook
Here's just what you do:
1. The very first step is actually discovering the link for erasing your account. One way is to look for "delete account" in the Facebook Assistance Center, or you could simply click this web link.
2. Next off, you'll involve a web page alerting just what will happen if you remove your account-- particularly, that when your account is deleted, you will not be able to recoup your information. Ready to proceed? Click the "Delete My Account" button.
3. A pop-up home window will show up with yet one more warning: "You are regarding to completely delete your account. Are you certain?" You'll after that have to enter your Facebook password, then go into a "captcha" safety code (a cluster of arbitrary text, intended to make sure you're not a harmful spambot).
4. All done? Click the "Okay" switch, then check your inbox for an e-mail verifying that you have actually requested that Facebook permanently erase your account.
5. Now comes the taxing component. Facebook will not erase your account immediately-- certainly, you'll have to wait a complete 14 days for your Facebook account to be gotten rid of for life. If you have 2nd ideas during your two-week wait, you could log back right into your account as well as click the "Terminate Removal" button.
6. Another point: Also after Facebook has formally removed your account, remember that a few of your info might remain on Facebook's backup web servers for approximately 90 days. Then, however, your account as well as various other personal information ought to be completely wiped off Facebook.