Initially, we need to make a clear distinction between just "shutting down" your account and also really deleting it.
Deactivating your Facebook account is a rather quick and also very easy procedure, however it will just conceal your profile and also personal details, not wipe it entirely off of Facebook's web servers.
To deactivate your account, visit the Protection Setups menu (click the down-arrow in the top-right edge of the screen, pick Account Setups, after that click Security in the left column), click the "Deactivate your account" web link, and comply with the prompts. Adjustment your mind? Simply log back right into Facebook, and your profile will certainly be waiting for you.
But what if you wish to delete your account completely-- and completely? You can, but you'll need to jump through a few even more hoops, and the process isn't rapid.
Can You Delete Facebook
Here's what you do:
1. The initial step is really locating the link for removing your account. One way is to look for "remove account" in the Facebook Assistance Center, or you could just click this web link.
2. Next off, you'll concern a page alerting exactly what will certainly occur if you remove your account-- particularly, that as soon as your account is deleted, you won't be able to recoup your details. Ready to continue? Click the "Delete My Account" button.
3. A pop-up home window will certainly show up with yet another warning: "You are about to permanently delete your account. Are you sure?" You'll then need to enter your Facebook password, after that go into a "captcha" security code (a cluster of random text, meant to make sure you're not a destructive spambot).
4. All done? Click the "Okay" button, then check your inbox for an email confirming that you have actually requested that Facebook completely erase your account.
5. Now comes the taxing component. Facebook won't remove your account immediately-- undoubtedly, you'll need to wait a complete 2 Week for your Facebook profile to be removed forever. If you have reservations throughout your two-week delay, you could log back right into your account and click the "Cancel Removal" button.
6. One more point: Also after Facebook has formally removed your account, remember that several of your information might stay on Facebook's backup servers for approximately 90 days. After that, however, your profile and other personal information should be entirely wiped off Facebook.